Sunday, October 5, 2014

Burnt Ends

This is a very late entry but it's better than never! 

I had the pleasure of being surprised by my lovely wife for a great birthday dinner. She took me to Burnt Ends which is a cool bar restaurant catering to a lot of the swanky business folks in the CBD. As you walk in, you could almost kinda feel like you are in a Japanese Izakaya restaurant but a western twist! Everyone all sat on a bar like concept watching the Chef in all it's glory cooking or barbecuing your awesome meal.

We started it off for appertizers with their famous quail eggs. Which sadly I did not managed to take a photo of! But It is totally recommended as they are actually smoked to perfection. You can taste the oakey smoke taste on every bite and it can become very addictive!


Next up we had their sautéed leek with brown butter and topped with hazelnuts and capers. You can also taste the smokiness on it too. The butter wasn't overwhelming and everything complimented very naturally. Who would have thought that hazelnuts goes well with leeks?! And it did! Perfect!


It's a very tapas like concept here in this restaurant. Most of everything looks really good and of course we can't afford to eat the whole restaurant. We settled for another one of their selected signatures - 'Pulled Pork Sanger Burger/ Sandwich'. It was superb and the meat was very well barbecued and tender. Again you could taste the smokiness on the meat as well! :)


Now for the main superstar - 'Wagyu Cube Roll'. I have been waiting for this the whole night and when it arrived I just wanted to tuck into it almost forgetting to take a pic! I know it looked like a really simple dish from the picture but to me it was simple and deliciously plated. All you need while having steak is a speck of slight greens on the side to make you feel you had a balanced meal! Haha. The meat is super super tender as you can cut it with a butter knife. I guess they don't call it wagyu for nothing! It was very well seasoned and you could taste the whole meat for how it is without ruining it. This how I love my steaks and I am very particular about how I like having my steaks for those who knows me. This was done perfectly well for me and I totally enjoyed and savored every small bites to make my meal last longer! Haha.


Of course we can't leave without having desserts. The oven roasted banana was awesome and it was not overdone so the texture was soft but not mushy. And the caramel ice cream was not too sweet and it makes you feel that one bite is just not enough whenever you sink your teeth in it. The balance of hot and cold on one plate was just right. I know from the pic it doesn't look that appetizing but it was definitely very flavorsome for me and it's a good finish for the end of a good dinner.

Overall. Make sure you pay a visit to this place. Need not say much more. The food is that great and what's more better is that you can see the bearded chef in action preparing and cooking your meal! :)

This restaurant is located at:-
Burnt Ends 
20 Teck Lim Road 
Singapore 



No comments:

Post a Comment