Sunday, October 5, 2014

Hanare


You know when you walked into a true blue good Japanese restaurant when you are:-
1) Greeted by Japanese waiters
2) All the rest of the patrons were Japanese!

Hanare has been around for a while and they are just located around the working district of tanjong pagar. It's definitely a hidden gem coz it's not on the ground floor but the first level above the street. The restaurant is small so you definitely have to come early to get your seat otherwise you risk waiting to eat by the stairs. It's not even enough room for you to stand in the restaurant so please be warned to go early. 


There are a few option of buffets here and we came here for one reason and it's their Bara-Chirasi Don. So we opted for their Bara-Set which comes with free flow of 4 dishes while you wait for you chirasi as the main dish.


I am not sure if they change their free flow dishes every day but when we were there we had crispy deep fried salmon skin, lettuce salad, edamame peas and meatballs. The free flow of dishes were good enough to keep me company before the chirasi. I had to control the intake coz I want to enjoy my chirasi.



Finally our chirasi arrived and it looked spectacular view of raw sashimi meat galore. The amount of meat we had on it overwhelm the whole bowl of rice so that says it all. Now I know why people come here! The sashimi meat was really fresh and there was a light glazing sauce that went on top of it which complimented it very well. Warning on their wasabi, coz I got a feeling it's home made and it went straight up my head! Haha. And it was darn great! There were several mixed of sashimi in the bowl from squid to fish. It was an array of raw goodness all in one bowl!

Overall i totally love it and I love this place. Definitely a die die must try and don't even get me started on the value. At SGD 17.90 for the Bara-set, I doubt you even have the right to complain.... Haha. Enjoy! ;)

This restaurant is located at:-
Hanare Japanese Café
99B Tanjong Pagar Road Singapore 088520
 






No comments:

Post a Comment