Saturday, October 18, 2014

Beach Road Scissors Cut Curry Rice

Heard so much rave about this Scissors Cut Curry Rice and told myself I have to give it a try. And so I did! At first impression, it does not look much as the shop or restaurant looks like any typical coffee shop selling mix rice.

There weren't many options for side dishes so we ordered pretty much what we see other people ordered in the shop. When you first look at it, it really doesn't look appetizing at all. 


Basically your rice is drowned with their curry. And if you were to tell them to put the curry on the side, you will probably get the weird stare from them...haha. It does not taste spicy and in fact it actually complimented the rice very well. Superb!


For the other dishes, I felt they were a tad bit starchy for my liking. Its almost like everything were drowned in starch as to make it their signature style. To those whom doesn't like starch in their food, please be warned! I found the chicken cutlet meat was tough and cold. They don't warm their food so its basically like canteen style eating......scoop food to your plate....and then move along for next customer. Simple as that!


Overall, I think the rave and hype is overrated and I reckon they could definitely improve on their side dishes.



This restaurant is located at:-
229 Jalan Besar
Singapore 
208905


No comments:

Post a Comment