Thursday, October 2, 2014

Bacon & Booze

On a lovely Sunday we decided to check out what's up in the top most north-east of Singapore (Punggol). We heard that there was a really cool little tucked away resort within the premises of a horse stables. And within the compound they have their local resident brunch and bar place. 

The stables looking designed building on the left are actually guest rooms! Pretty cool isn't it!? 

They have horse/ pony rides for hire as well. Great for keeping the children busy whilst you tuck in to your brunch!


Bacon & Booze is one of the local resident bar restaurant attached to the resort. We ate our brunch there as we heard their food was pretty decent.


The fish and chips I had was not too bad. The batter was puffy but I thought the fish was a tad bit too soft and wet. Other than that is was just good ol plain simple fish and chips.


The missus had the shepherd pie and she said it was too dry. I tried it and didn't think too much of it. I definitely had better ones and I think they can definitely improve on this dish.


Next up, was the big breakfast! I think this was the winner amongst the few dishes we had. The chorizo sausages was the popular one as my daughter couldn't get her hands off it! Everything on this dish was done well and if I were to come back here for lunch, this would be the dish I'd be ordering!

Overall the food was decent. But what stand out more for me was the uniqueness of having a stay-cation option for Singaporeans in the lands end of Punggol. A getaway from the city is all we need to slow the fast pace lifestyle down.

This restaurant is located at:-
Bacon & Booze

900 Punggol Road End (Track 24)

Singapore 829168



No comments:

Post a Comment