Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Restoran Archana

Today I decided to try out one of the top banana leaf joint in Klang. This place is most frequented out by locals. Not only to the residents in klang and by some other PJ folks who drive out to this neck of the woods to eat their banana leaf rice. 


I ordered a few side dishes as well to share. They look so tempting so I could not resist. We had their fried chicken which I thought the meat was slightly tough due to it sitting on the counter for sometime. If it was freshly fried i guess it be different. The other one was fried curry okra which was really good. To be honest this dish is probably not a common one across most banana leaf joint so we definitely enjoyed it. The other dish was simple plain good ol spinach. Can't go wrong with that and I need a little bit of color on my plate/ leaf!


Here is a slight close up on the accompanying Veges that comes with your rice. I particularly enjoyed their curry infused pumpkin which I thought was very different and tasty! Then we have their standard masala potatoes and cucumber & lentils which were the standard accompanying sides I see in most places.

Overall the food here is really good and it is definitely much cheaper compared to PJ prices. Over here is RM7.50 per leaf/ pax not including the side dishes we had which I thought was great value.

This restaurant is located at:-
Restorans Archana
62, Jalan Tengku Kelana
41000, Klang
Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment